Java Developer, Brasov
Our Research and Development department, based in Brasov, is expanding. We are currently looking for a tech savvy Java Developer with a sound knowledge of Java.
If you want to be a part of a passionate team of highly skilled engineers and developers that have a global impact by developing shortcuts into the future, Flashnet may be the place for you. You will be designing the software for Smart City and Smart Energy applications that play a key role in transforming cities and communities around the world.
What makes us different is an easygoing and friendly working environment where there are no barriers when it comes to your career path and self-development. As an organization, we are characterized by flat hierarchies, open doors, and untangled decision-making.
About your responsibilities
- software architecture assessment
- contributing to all stages of software development lifecycle
- developing code modules using integrated development environment
- creating software specifications and documentation
- creating the software testing plan; configuring, testing and modifying existing applications
- communicating with senior development team members on daily basis
- collaborating with internal teams to fix and improve products
- ensuring software is up-to-date with latest technologies and standards
Required qualifications and experience
- 5+ year experience as software developer
- Ability to design, implement and maintain Java-based applications that can be high-volume and low-latency
- Proficiency in Java, with a good understanding of its ecosystems
- Good understanding of Java and Spring framework
- Good understanding in design and optimization of a relational database (MySQL)
- Good understanding of a Time series databases (Influx dB)
- Basic understanding of the SonarQube platform
- Experience with CI / CD tools, maven and antifactory
- Experience with oauth2 protocol and WSO2
While not mandatory, we certainly value
- UNIX/Mac OS/Linux terminal and shell scripting
- Active GitHub and/or Stackoverflow account
- Hands on experience with Postgresql , Vaadin framework
- Good understanding of communication protocols.
- University degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer science or similar area
We are a fast-paced tech company, designing, creating, and implementing intelligent systems for smarter cities and better infrastructure, with a special focus on smart street lighting control. The latest IT, energy and telecommunications technologies are integrated by our R&D engineers into hardware and software solutions for smarter cities and better infrastructure. We have always pursued an open, flexible hi-tech approach, open to new technologies and available for integration. With inteliLIGHT, as of January 2021, we control more than 500.000 streetlights in 40 countries on 6 continents. Furthermore, in 2020 Flashnet has been recognized by an independent study as innovation leader of the industry. Since 2022, Flashnet is part of Lucy Group.