Electronic hardware developer, Brasov
Our Research and Development department, based in Brasov, is expanding. We are looking for a gifted Electronic Hardware Developer, experienced in analog and digital circuit design.
If you are an enthusiastic and proactive electronics engineer with a problem-solving mindset and you are motivated to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, now you have an exciting opportunity to join a global provider of street lighting control solutions.
What makes us as different is an easygoing and friendly working environment where there are no barriers when it comes to self-development. As an organization, we are characterized by flat hierarchies, open doors and untangled decision-making.
About the role
You will be coordinating and executing testing and compliance activities related to the hardware planning, with the aim of improving the quality of product design. You will work alongside our Senior Electrical Engineers, supporting the design, validation and optimization of our products, with responsibility for identifying and implementing process improvements that will reduce time-to-market, lower costs, and improve product reliability.
Shortly, you’ll be at the very core of our company, contributing to the creation of smart cities around the world.
- University degree in a relevant field (Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Automation, Computer Science);
- EHW level – medium and above – (At least 2-3 years of experience in EHW development);
- Experience in both analog and digital electronics;
- Experience in SMPS (switching mode power supplies);
- Communication protocols understanding (SPI, I2C, USART);
- Medium – advanced knowledge of one (or more) EHW design software (like Eagle, Altium) Theoretical and practical (medium – advanced) knowledge of RF (RadioFrequency) electronics;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of using high precision laboratory instruments;
- Knowledge of practical testing of EHW modules;
- Focus capacity to achieve project goals;
- Focus on EHW to easy production process;
- Teamwork abilities, collaboration capacity with other teams (software, firmware, production,);
- Ability to develop quality to cost effective electronic modules;
- Knowledge of Agile Development process;
- Proactivity, involvement and desire for professional development and improvement of technical and not technical qualities;
- Advanced English language skills.
While not mandatory, we certainly value
- Knowledge of multiple analogue and digital electronic development tools;
- Knowledge in manufacturing processes (production);
- Knowledge and relationships with various EHW components distribution companies;
- Experience and involvement in system level product.
About your responsibilities
- develop EHW modules for IoT applications, based on specifications, schematics and layouts, in specific applications SW (Eagle, Altium, …);
- develop both analog and digital parts of EHW modules;
- develop of power supplies (SMPS);
- develop of RF modules;
- develop cost effective EHW modules for IoT applications;
- populate, measure, test and debug of product prototypes;
- be in close collaboration with firmware, software, support and other teams;
- stay in contact with module manufacturers;
- stay in contact with EHW components distributors;
- work in close contact with all project members (teamwork).
We are a fast-paced tech company, designing, creating, and implementing intelligent systems for smarter cities and better infrastructure, with a special focus on smart street lighting control. The latest IT, energy and telecommunications technologies are integrated by our R&D engineers into hardware and software solutions for smarter cities and better infrastructure. We have always pursued an open, flexible hi-tech approach, open to new technologies and available for integration. With inteliLIGHT, as of January 2021, we control more than 500.000 streetlights in 40 countries on 6 continents. Furthermore, in 2020 Flashnet has been recognized by an independent study as innovation leader of the industry. Since 2022, Flashnet is part of Lucy Group.