Technical Support Specialist, Brasov
Our Technical Support Department, based in Brasov, is expanding. We are currently looking for a tech-savvy Technical Support Specialist with good understanding of communication protocols, electronics and networking concepts, as well as strong communication skills.
If you are driven and proactive individual with a problem-solving mindset and a love for technology, now you have an exciting opportunity to join a global provider of street lighting control solutions.
What makes us different is an easygoing and friendly working environment where there are no barriers when it comes to self-development. Each day is rewarding and challenging, as everyone is encouraged to never stop learning, growing and innovating.
As an organization, we are characterized by flat hierarchies, transparency and untangled decision-making.
About the role
You will maintain the relationship with clients, ensuring a smooth functioning of the system and providing professional support and technical assistance in case of any difficulties.
About your responsibilities
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all the equipment in the configuration of the supervised; preparing periodic reports on the performed interventions;
- Providing support and technical assistance to users if they encounter difficulties; troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving software problems with a high degree of proficiency.
- Ensuring the integration and compatibility of new equipment and configurations with the existing systems;
- Maintaining the relationship with clients and handling their tech support inquiries and issues;
- Travelling to the client upon request in order to supervise the installation of equipment and provide software training;
- Participating in the development of technical documentation;
Required qualifications and experience
- Good understanding of communication protocols, electronics and networking concepts
- Advanced level of English – required
- French / Italian is an advantage
- Available for shift work (two), office work and field work
- Very good communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Proactive attitude, with a desire of integrating into our team
- Positive attitude when it comes to learning and acquiring knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines
While not mandatory, we certainly value
- Graduate in telecommunications / electronics
- Experience using Linux
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of radio frequency electronics
We are a fast-paced tech company, designing, creating, and implementing intelligent systems for smarter cities and better infrastructure, with a special focus on smart street lighting control. The latest IT, energy and telecommunications technologies are integrated by our R&D engineers into hardware and software solutions for smarter cities and better infrastructure. We have always pursued an open, flexible hi-tech approach, open to new technologies and available for integration. With inteliLIGHT, as of January 2021, we control more than 500.000 streetlights in 40 countries on 6 continents. Furthermore, in 2020 Flashnet has been recognized by an independent study as innovation leader of the industry. Since 2022, Flashnet is part of Lucy Group.